- "One Partner. Many Experts" – Evonik solutions for the coatings and adhesives industry mean more benefits for customers
- Stand provides a "world of experience" – core competencies on impressive display
- Ambitious growth targets – investments in attractive markets near customers
Nuremberg, April 21, 2015. "One Partner. Many Experts" is the theme of the Evonik Industries' stand at this year's European Coatings Show. In hall 7A, stand 323, the specialty chemicals company will be presenting innovative products and a comprehensive overview of its competencies for the coatings and adhesives industry. At the same time, "One Partner. Many Experts" also reflects the promise that Evonik makes to its customers in the coatings industry: Evonik has a network of experts who will share their expertise, offering tailor-made solutions for even more customized support than ever before.
"The coatings and adhesives industries are two of our most important growth markets, and our customers here can profit from our expert knowledge, our technological competencies, and our reliability," says Dr. Claus Rettig, chairman of the Management Board of the Resource Efficiency Segment at Evonik Industries AG. "Because they address sustainability megatrends such as resource efficiency, the product innovations we're presenting at the ECS will allow us to support our customers' growth in markets with an attractive future."
The company's appearance at the trade show underscores its commitment both to the paints and coatings markets, as well as to the construction, sealants, and adhesives industries. Evonik is one of the most important suppliers of high-quality specialty chemicals for these markets. "We work closely with our customers to develop innovative, tailor-made, individual solutions for formulating advanced paint and coatings Systems," says Dr. Johannes Ohmer, member of the Management Board of the Resource Efficiency Segment. Plus, Evonik is one of the largest suppliers for the adhesives and sealants industry, offering products and solutions that meet exceptionally high formulation demands.
Evonik's "world of experience" at the ECS will introduce visitors to the company's acquired knowledge in four fields of expertise:
Functional polymer design – food packaged securely in DYNAPOL®
When used in the interior coatings of cans, Evonik polyesters offer outstanding protection and represent a suitable alternative to BPA-containing systems.
Interface control – DEGADUR® for flooring systems that meet the toughest demands
This new generation of flooring resins is environmentally safe, cures quickly, and does not generate unpleasant odors.
Surface modification – scratch-resistant coatings with VESTANAT® and ultra-high-solids top coats with SILIKOTOP®
VESTANAT® delivers improved resistance to abrasion in high-gloss coatings. These new silane-modified, hybrid binders provide a great deal of lasting chemical resistance. Furthermore Evonik presents SILIKOTOP® silicone-hybrids for ultra-high-solids top coats with excellent stone chipping and impact resistance as well as outstanding appearance and chemical resistance.
Adhesives and sealants – POLYVEST® for sealing compounds that won't leak
This sealing compound is used in insulated glass windows and in automotive adhesives. And the double and triple panes in windows do a better job of insulating homes.
Growth where it best serves customers
Evonik has consistently invested in new facilities and in expanding its existing production capacity in order to support its customers' growth:
- New silica production plant in São Paulo (Brazil). Projected startup: 2016. Applications for these products include their use in paints and coatings to control rheological properties, to prevent settling, and to improve rust protection.
- New production facility at the Essen (Germany) site for manufacturing polymer dispersing agents for use in aqueous paint and printing ink systems; the upgrade will triple capacity in response to increasing global demand. The plant was successfully brought into operation at the beginning of 2015.
- New hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene (HTPB) plant in Marl (Germany) went on stream in late 2014. Uses for HTPB include insulated glass windows, where it acts as a sealing compound, and in automotive adhesives.
- The company's fifth integrated production line for isophorone and isophorone diamine started up in Shanghai (China) in 2014. Products of isophorone chemistry include important components used for manufacturing industrial floorings, artificial leather, paints and coatings. The investment is aimed at dynamic markets in Asia.
- In 2014, Evonik acquired the SILBOND Corp. of Weston (Michigan, USA), a leading producer of silicic acid esters, which are primarily used in coatings. Dynasylan® SILBOND®, a product of interest for its applications in coatings industry—particularly in the field of shipbuilding—will debut at the trade show.
The company's new Evonik Coatings & Adhesives app gives users an all-round look at Evonik products, providing useful information, background, and contact information—all linked with playful elements. The app is available immediately from AppStores for iOS, Android, and Blackberry10.
Evonik, the creative industrial group from Germany, is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. Profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. Its activities focus on the key megatrends health, nutrition, resource efficiency and globalization. Evonik benefits specifically from its innovative prowess and integrated technology platforms.
Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world. In fiscal 2014 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €12.9 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €1.9 billion.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.